• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kalas1
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2005

Website builder

Hello everyone

Is it possible to create with autoplay 5 a website builder, which will allow the users to create theri own site by combining several templates, colors, by using an wysiwyg editor and then through ftp to upload their new website to a web hosting provider?

Thanks in advance
    Peter Nikolaou
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Absolutely. I use just such a tool that I built in AutoPlay Media Studio a couple weeks ago. It even interfaces with a remote database... That being said, you would have to learn how to use AutoPlay Media Studio it a little bit first in order to build the system yourself.

I can guarantee you that if you do start learning AutoPlay Media Studio, you will find many people here in the forum will to assist you through the process of creating such a system. :yes

Comment

• rhosk
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Corey
      I use just such a tool that I built in AutoPlay Media Studio a couple weeks ago. It even interfaces with a remote database...
      Care to share even a piece of that project Corey?

Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• kalas1
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2005

I would like also to learn more about your project. Could you upload some screenshots, and give us a summary with the features you have implemented?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Hi, sorry I can't share it, it's an internal company tool. But it's kind of like a mini-dreamweaver-lite. It only has a few features but it works great. I used a 1024 X 768 window with a big browser object on one side (750 X 768) and a series of buttons with a big input field on the left side. As you input text you can use the buttons to do various things such as "insert as title" or "insert as paragraph:, etc. Whenever you add something the script formats it into CSS/HTML and adds it to the browser page. You can also remove items, etc.

When you are done, you press the publish button and it transfers the page to a remote database.

That's a simplified version of it, it's actually quite a bit more advanced than that. Anyhow here's my promise to you guys. Very soon my focus is shifting from all our stuff to mainly AMS, and I will posting tons of projects. I will remember to post something like this eventually in a few weeks if I can. :yes

Comment

• kalas1
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2005

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to ask you one more question.

Do you believe that is will be possible to incorporate to the functionality of the autoplay powered sitebuilder a wysiwyg editor like wysiwygpro in order to let the users of our sitebuilder application to have more control over their content?

If is is able also to handle flash generation tools, which will be used for the creation of intros, I will e very happy

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Yes it's possible but that is an advanced design. Anyone with the right combination of design, production, and scripting skills could make an app exactly like that one using AutoPlay Media Studio combined with it's native technologies.... :yes

Now that being said, it's definitely an advanced project. One would have to develop some basic flex room using AutoPlay Media Studio in order to create such a tool. Obviously you have a source of assistance here in the forums anytime during the process.

Additionally we will be introducing some sort of online project collaboration area *at some point* in the coming months and I expect an open source WSIWYG editor to become part of that. In fact I'm looking forward to helping out with the graphics. :yes

Comment

• yosik
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

Corey,
                To read (between the lines) that you will spend "more time" in the AMS world is a VERY good news indeed.

Yossi

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Yep, you guys will like what's coming.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Sep 2002

You are such a tease. Will it be IR Toques?
                    TJ-Tigger
                    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Intrigued
                      Indigo Rose Customer
                      • Dec 2003

Can I get a Woot?

:yes
                      Intrigued

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

We had some toques made up but during an unfortunate mishap last month Darryl accidentally got locked in the storage closet over the weekend, and he had to eat them for survival. Every last one. So...

Comment

Working...
                        X