• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PodyTrois
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

DVD

I want create a DVD with my project. What are the startup file I need ?

There are not options about DVD in program and I didn't find it on the support.

Thx for help
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: DVD

As far as I know it's the same as CD ROM, just publish your files and burn them to DVD...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Do you mean DVD, or DVD-ROM? Just curious, since it sounds like you meant the former - in which case you can't, really. But Corey is right - to make a DVD-ROM, just load appropriate blank media into your DVD writer and go for it.
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Michael
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2000

Eric is so right about this. To burn to a DVD, not DVD-ROM, your file would have to meet the requirements of the DVD file structure in order to be recognized by computer software (Mediaplayer latest versions, PowerDVD, etc.) or typical set-top players. The file structure is completely different and involves video object files (vobs) and ifo files, that AMS does not touch. The file structure is the big issue for burning DVDs that work. It's a less-than-perfect science at this stage of the game in any case.

It would be nice to speculate that some forth coming version of AMS would have a "convert to DVD" option for that market and all those DVD burners growing in popularity. But I think that's next to impossible.

One more thing, I've found that DVD-ROMs are very finicky about playback in computers other than the original.

Good luck,

Comment

Working...
        X