• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Do any of you folks out there play RTCW on XBox Live? I am kind of hooked right now and am always looking for people I know to get onto my friends list. If you play, please reply with your XBox gamertag as well as your RTCW name.

My XBox Live usertag: Kappy
    RTCW name: Goldeye GUG

• Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Return to Castle Wolfenstein

I remember the original Wolfenstein (Apple ][+ 64k), I paid $50 for it in like 1980 or so. Great game at the time, kind of like the old arcade game beserk.

It gave you the option of using the keyboard or the paddles for controller. So me and a buddy used to play it with one paddle each, i.e. he controlled the gun and the vertical and I controlled the speed and horizontal.

Give me a break, we were 10 years old... Sorry to turn your thread into a lame story, couldn't resist. Didn't even know Wolfenstein still existed. Amazing... That's like 25 years in existence or something, impressive...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

I played the original on the C64. I also played Castle Wolfenstein 3D on the PC when it first came out. Now that was the ground-breaking first person shooter. It paved the way for Doom and the rest of the gratuitously violent games we enjoy so much today.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

I haven't played a video game in earnest in two decades but I see your point, definitely a very interesting software development story behind that success somewhere no doubt. I wouldn't mind reading about the halcyon days of that team actually...

Corey Milner

Comment

• Worm
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jul 2002

I LOVED Wolfenstien 3D, I can remember playng it to the point of motion sickness [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'd have to say that my all time fav has to be Duke Nukem 3D. I had way too much fun on my lunch hours playing Death Matches. Ahh yes, the good ole days.

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

I love to play RTCW. My neighbor and I play it on the PC. Well, we used to until we got hooked playing WarCraft III
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Are you a "Mac person" Tigger? [suspense music da-da-dunnnnnnnn....]

Corey Milner

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

[In my best Corbin Dallas voice]Uh . . . No . . .[/In my best Corbin Dallas voice]

I have never been in much of a position to use a Mac. I wouldn't mind picking one up to play with it. I am usually the PC tech support for my family, and so far have stayed away from Macs because I am not familiar with them.

But why would I want one . . . I can't use AMS on it anyway.
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Oh I see, you meant PC as opposed to PSII or whatever. OK gotcha now...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                  X