• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Now that's cool . . .

flash 6 and sound required for this honda ad.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Now that's cool . . .

Neat...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Derek
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2001

fantastic! Can you imagine how many times they set that up before it finally worked as we see it?
      -
      = Derek
      ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

I'm willing to let someone convince me it's real, but it'll take someone who had first-hand experience in the production. I see one or two laws of physics being broken in there.

The tires that roll uphill, for instance, I'll buy, until after they make contact with the next tire, and then they continue rolling uphill. Newton would be aghast, because with the speed at which they are moving, there's just no way that would happen.

Computers have changed television for good, and there are experts out there who can make you believe the impossible.

This website is for sale! ifilm.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ifilm.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

The tires have a weight in them Eric. Like an Oopee ball...

Corey Milner

Comment

• eric_darling
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jun 2002

Like I said... Someone involved in the actual production may be able to convince me. Until then, I defer to the knowledge I have of production expenses, and how much less this would have cost to do in CGI. I smell Discreet at work here, namely, Flame and Inferno.
            Eric Darling
            eThree Media

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Took them 5 months and $1,000,000 http://www.oregonlive.com/search/ind...?oregonian?fng and I have no doubt they aren't lying. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You're getting a bit cycnical in your old age Eric, the tire trick is soooooo simple. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

• eric_darling
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Jun 2002

OK.... $1,000,000. Guess they are making a statement, then, eh? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just so you know, that kind of money for commercial production is nearly unprecedented. Obviously, so is the time.
                Eric Darling
                eThree Media

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Yep that's the first thing I thought to myself too, why on earth would anyone spend all that time and money doing this? It's not THAT neat... Art I guess.

Definitely a huge waste of money in my eyes, I guess they were trying to make a statement. I bet anything any random handful of hungry Russian film students could have done this for a few thousand bucks over a summer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

• eric_darling
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • Jun 2002

It's the "keep it genuine" argument, apparently. I can't say they won't reap a return on their investment, but it seems that they felt there was better than an outside chance.

It's certainly creative, but whether this ad will generate the kind of permanent effect that Apple's 1984 or Coca-Cola's Mean Joe ads remains to be seen. Of course, there's no talk of this sucker running in North America on television, and until it does, it just won't garner that kind of appreciation here.
                    Eric Darling
                    eThree Media

Comment

• Corey
                      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                      • Aug 2002

I have no idea what Apple's 1984 nor Coca-Cola's Mean Joe are, but I actually view that as a success. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                      X